Wednesday, December 28, 2005

We have matching computers

So, I don't have internet when I'm home in the RI. But my friends do! And we have matching computers.

Christmas knitting: I was not very ambitious, but I was still down to the wire due to putting of knitting until I had "studied" and "taken" my administrative law final and copyright law final. But, now that I just have a 25 page paper to write before I head to Thailand on the 1st it is all party, all the time. Does anyone know any thai yarn shops? I will be in a couple spots to get some cool Karenni weaving hopefully. So, back to christmas knitting. I knit a pair of mittens for my Aunt who asked me for mittens a couple of months ago--this was the only project done on time. I used lamb's pride bulky in persian peacock, and the SNB "fluffy cuff" mitten pattern. And I didn't take a picture.

Mom's Grandma Mittens:
Greenmitten1

Ok, mitten. I'm about halfway through the other one. Didn't quiiiiiite make it. But mom is really happy, because of the sentimentality of grandma mittens. These particular mittens are made w/two strands of Lamb's Pride worsted in kiwi held together. I think lamb's pride makes good mittens. Also in the picture is the christmas tree, vogue knitting that my mom got me! (thanks mom, you are awesome!) and an awesome pillow I got my mom at the Bizaar Bizzare in Boston this year. Also that red thing is a tote from Old Navy my sister got my mom. Because you all wanted to know!

Allie's Scarf:
alliesscarf

A Random Drop Stitch Scarf (i.e. I just yo'd as many times as I felt like) made from one skein of Noro Iro. This was pretty fun to make, especially the part that I made in the car to and from my grandpa's house with my sister in the car on Christmas day. At least it was done before Christmas dinner!

So I cooked for Christmas dinner--Thai curry! It was awesome. I can't cook, so you all probably have no idea what a HUGE accomplishment this was.

Yesterday I checked out a yarn store in Providence, A stitch above. It was ok. Nothing to write home about. But I got to go with Jenn!!! Also I had a panic moment where I misplaced my credit card. But I bought stuff anyways! Cuz Jenn is that cool! And when I got home I realized it was wrapped up with the rules for the video store membership I just got. Crisis Avoided! Here is the haul:

yarnhaul1228


Mmmmmm, sock yarn. So I have a couple of 24+ hour travels ahead of me, and what can be better than socks for that? Here you see some Lorna's Laces shepard sock in Ravenswood and some Artyarns Ultramerino4 and size 1s and 2s Inox dpns. mmmmmm, Travel knitting.

I will try not to abandon all you faithful readers for so long in the future (all three of you, hello!!) and show you when I have two green Grandma mittens and what I might cast on next. It might be made out of homespun... Stay tuned!

1 Comments:

Blogger PassionKNITly said...

the colors of the yarn are so much prettier in person!!!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home